Below you can see the main points that must be taken into account when choosing the granite to use in your kitchen.
1. Think about cleanliness: United Granite point out that one of the few pathological problems, especially in the case of light granites, is that in the medium term they tend to become stained and grimy. “In most cases, the situation is reversible, as it is a natural product and maintenance from time to time ensures the aesthetic aspect of the material (such as polishing, applying waterproofing materials, acrylic putty to close cracks, etc.). For these granites, we generally choose environments such as bathrooms, lavatories, as they make the space lighter and cleaner ”, they comment.
2. Think about the advantages of dark colors for your kitchen: of course, your personal taste must be taken into account. If you are willing to use a light granite in your kitchen, despite knowing that it will get dirty more easily, that’s fine. But it is worth remembering that dark colored granites do not suffer from the same problem, being great options.
“In addition to the dark color being a wildcard in the decoration, combining with any type of environment, it does not appear stains and wear even in a long time”, comment United Granite. “That is why they are the most used in the kitchen and places where we use hot, greasy materials, in addition to making the environment look more modern and practical,” they add.
3. Don’t overdo it: the architects emphasize that an important care is not to abuse granite, especially if it is dark. “A kitchen with black granite in the sink and on the floor can make it heavy and bring on fatigue over time”, they explain.
4. Think about safety: “Be careful also when choosing these stones for the floor of places that may have water… Because the risk of being slippery is high”, warn Alessandra and Philippe.
5. Take samples home: when choosing granite, visit marble shops and, if possible, ask for samples of the materials that interest you. So you can take it to your home and compare it with the existing furniture and coverings, or even go to a building materials store and compare it with the tiles and decorative strips you intend to use. After all, looking side by side, it becomes easier to perceive the harmony and beauty of the combination.
Always talk to an architect and explain your expectations regarding the kitchen so that he can help you with the best choices.
Mon – Fri: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm